The applicants should send their applications in time to the College of International Education (hereinafter referred to as CIE) of HIT before December 31.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- Educational background required and age limit: Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35; Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
Details of the Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, internship fee, fee for basic learning materials and on-campus accommodation fee;
- CNY 800 Yuan per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Monthly living allowance is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree candidate: CNY 3,000 Yuan per month
Doctoral degree candidate: CNY 3,500 Yuan per month
- The students are required to cover the expenses for experiments or internship, which exceeds the teaching arrangements of HIT.
- The living allowances will be allotted monthly to the students from the time of registration at the CIE. The new students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will enjoy the whole amount of living allowance of that month; those who register after the 15th will get that of a half month. Graduates will get the living allowances till 15 days after the graduation date set by HIT. The scholarship will be terminated from next month for the students who suspend their studies, quit or graduate from HIT. The students are entitled to living allowance during the vacation period arranged by the university. The living allowance, which students didn’t get in time as the departure for vacation, can be refunded when they are back to school. The living allowances will be stopped for one month for the students who do not register on time without permission from the CIE beforehand, leave with non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
- Scholarship students who have to suspend their education for illness should return to their home country for further treatment and rest. The international travel expenses of returning and coming back should be paid for their own. The students, who are allowed by the school authority to suspend their education, can remain their scholarship. The scholarship status will be reserved one year at most; however, the monthly living allowance will be stopped during the suspension of education. The scholarship status of the students who suspend their education for reasons other than illness will be terminated.
- Comprehensive Insurance for International students in China refers to the Comprehensive Medical Insurance insured by Chinese Educational Ministry for the scholarship students in China. The institution is entitled to ask for compensation on the payment receipts from the insurance company for the expenses generated from hospitalizing for serious diseases or from accidental injury according to the stipulated insurance articles.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
|No.||Categories of Applicants||Duration of Major Studies||Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies||Duration of Scholarship|
|Duration of Scholarship|
|1.||Master’s Degree Students||2||1||2-3|
|2.||Doctoral Degree Students||3||1||3-4|
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting online.
i. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
ii. HIT university code is 10213
iii. Online application time: started from October 1
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate.
- Transcripts (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
- A study or research plan (no less than 800 words).
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors.
- Passport copy. (period of validity: at least one year)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
- Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD Remittance Information:
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
SWIFT/BIC : ICBKCNBJHLJ
NOTICE: Applicants should submit the paper application materials with remittance receipt. Whether admitted or not, paper materials and material assessment fee will not be returned.
Complement: Application Process of Chinese Government Scholarship
Step 1. Those who are available for online application of China Scholarship Council shall fill in and print the application form after submitting online.
The CSC Online Application System is available at: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
HIT university code is 10213.
Step 2. Those who are available for online application of Harbin Institute of Technology shall fill in the application form online; the information must be the same as online application of China Scholarship Council, and if you haven’t remit at bank, please submit the Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD online. Application progress will be updated in this web, you can query yourself.
The HIT Online Application System is available at: http://apply.hit.edu.cn.
Step 3. The applicants need to prepare the application materials as the Brochures listed. The highest diploma and transcripts which should be notarized or the copy with the official stamp of university will be regarded effectively.
Step 4. If the Assessment Fee cannot be paid through the bank, you should pay it on the HIT Online Application System. All the application materials should be in duplicate in printed hard paper form and post to Harbin Institute of Technology.
Room 302, No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin, People’s Republic of China (150001)
College of International Education, Harbin Institute of Technology
Selection of Specialty
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese. Master’s degree programs are generally taught in Chinese, except the programs of Management, Material Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanic Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering & Life Science and Technology. Applicant with no command of Chinese is required to take one-year Chinese language course and get the certificate of HSK 4. For programs taught in English, applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English-proficiency score, a score of at least 80 on the TOEFL or 5.5 on the IELTS.
Approval and Notification
- HIT will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact the professor prior to application and please enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter if there is.
- Scholarship applicants accepted by HIT will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOEC for the record.
- Applicants are not permitted, in principle, to change their supervisors，specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
- HIT will send Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the relevant dispatching authorities by July 31, so as to have these documents forwarded to the awardees.
- Applicants who cannot register before September 30 are regarded as giving up the scholarship.